Saturday 11 August 2012

The truth is rarely pure and never simple

I look like I have a major hangover even though I'm only sleep deprived partly because there was a karaoke event last night in the pub-thingy across from my apartment (and it's not nearly as much fun when you're not one of the happy masses but rather a sleepy boring fuck in a residential area) and partly because I stayed up till dawn reading and rereading The Importance of Being Earnest. I would like to point out that were Oscar Wild alive today, he would make an excellent addition to our little circle of brilliant misfits. I bet he would not be a spoilsport and would even sing Sodomy with me. Ahem.

Anyway, I'm no literary snob, or at least I try not to be one, but I do tend to make fun of, how shall I put it delicately, literature of the easily digestible kind, and it is just a hoot and a half when other like-minded people take part in this badass activity. Therefore it gives me great pleasure and self-satisfaction every time I read this part:

"Oh! it is absurd to have a hard and fast rule about what one should read and what one shouldn't. More than half of modern culture depends on what one shouldn't read." 
Yeah, I did just put a  quote there. It seems I'm that kind of a person and I really am okay with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment